So I've been mulling a nursery theme over & over in my mind. Nothing was coming to me. I didn't want anything too cutesy...it's just not much our "style" and I wanted it to be something that the child won't "outgrow" quickly. Plus, I wanted it to be versatile...something that could go great for a little boy or a girl. I don't sound picky at all, do I?!
Just recently a thought popped into my mind. When Jake came home from overseas, he brought me back a wooden statue. It's not much bigger than the palm of my hand, but it means SO much to me. There is a large elephant in the middle with 2 smaller elephants, one on each side, and then encircling all of them are 4 tiny elephants. I remember thinking when he gave me the gift, "This is us...God in the middle, Jake & I, and 4 babies someday." When I think about the little wooden sculpture now, I think it's the best idea I have had for a nursery theme!
So, we're hoping to put some apple green paint on the walls, and maybe some elephants to make it a special place to bring our baby home to someday!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm with you on "nothing too cutsy"... it's difficult! I love your elephant idea! It means something! Also the apple green color is a great choice! Will there be before/after pics?
I love it, too! Post a pic of the statue so we can see what you mean! Apple Green is awesome!
Pep
Love it!! Love the story behind it..love the colors..love the theme..love it all. And yeah..i want to see pics to one day!
Lisa
Sounds so nice!! Hope you found the elephant bedding you wanted. ;)
Loved the blog, the theme is awesome and I can't wait ro help you paint the room!
Chris
Em, I would love to have a list of questions for the agency. Thanks for your help. You can email me at skyaangel at aol dot com.
Hey Em, I REALLY randomly came across your blog! I've been thinking alot about you guys and praying that God would continue to prepare your hearts and lives for this blessing-to-be. I can't wait to see you as a mommy and Jake-o-ly as a daddy. Your faith in God's plan and His timing inspires me. I love you guys
Post a Comment