I took a late lunch today, so that I could drop another profile off at an attorney's office downtown. It's a gorgeous day today...beautiful, sunny, 70 degrees, much like the Tuesday 6 years ago when terrorists hijacked planes and crashed them into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and a field in Pennsylvania. I drove with the windows open, enjoying the sun, the smells, the breeze on my face. I had the radio tuned to K-LOVE and heard a song I've heard a number of times before, but today it really touched me.
Caedmon's Call sings There Is a Reason. Here is an excerpt of the lyrics:
Late at night, the darkness makes it hard to see
The history of the saints who've gone in front of me
Through famine, plague and disbelief
His hand was still upon them
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason
He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There's a time to live and a time to die
A time for wonder and to wonder why
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason
There are so many things that happen to us, or to those around us, that we don't understand. Time, age, or wisdom may make our understanding grow, but there are some events that are never easy to comprehend. People sometimes question God after horrible tragedies, saying, "If He was real, if He was good, if He really loves us, how could He let this happen?" This song reminds me that there IS a reason for our pain, for questions, and our searching. It's amazing and comforting to think that He knows our plans before we do, and that throughout all of our lives, He is holding us right there in the palm of His hands!
Throughout all our days, He is with us to face our biggest trials and most blissful moments. I know that He was with Jake & I as we faced the news that we may never have a biological child of our own. But I know that He was with us, too, as we prayed about and then made the decision to adopt. And I know He will be with us when that baby we are meant to raise is placed into our arms and forever into our hearts...and every step of the way along the rest of our lives. There IS a reason we haven't been able to conceive a child on our own...it's because He has some amazing plan for us that is yet to be revealed! There is a baby out there, somewhere, that was meant for us...there is a reason. I can only dream of the reasons...but it's comforting to know that the reason is His will. And He makes all things good...
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen, Sister! Isn't God Great! And He does have a reason for everything!
Love Love that song, I had to listen to it after you poste don my blog. Thanks so much.
And today was just Beautiful!
Your entry brought tears to my eyes. I found you from a note you left on another blog. I, too, love Caedmon's Call, have since I was saved in 99. I, too, get great comfort from that song. My dh, Art and I also take great comfort that God has a reason for making us infertile, He has a baby out there He wants us to have. Your post made both my husband and I say, "wow!"
What a beautiful post, Em. Thanks for the reminder that God has His hand in all areas of our lives, big or small.
So true! God does have a reason for everything. Even when we may not understand it at the moment.
Post a Comment