10 years ago I started on the most wonderful adventure of my life...10 years ago at 9:37 PM (yes, I remember the exact time because I wrote it down!), I said "Yes" when Jake asked if I'd "go out with" him. A mere 4 days after meeting this young man who was so polite and respectful, I said yes to more than I ever could have imagined.
I said yes to happiness beyond measure, but not without some heartache, too.
I said yes to loving unconditionally.
I said yes to learning what it means to truly share, and I'm still learning every day.
I said yes to growing up.
I said yes to the best friend I could ever have.
I said yes to hard work.
I said yes to hilarious fun.
I said yes to facing tragedy together, and not alone.
I said yes to growing in my faith.
I said yes to experiencing love in new ways.
I said yes to the adventure of a lifetime with the love of a lifetime, and I'm SO happy did.
I can't believe it's been 10 years. Every moment, EVERY MOMENT, has been worth it.
I said yes to happiness beyond measure, but not without some heartache, too.
I said yes to loving unconditionally.
I said yes to learning what it means to truly share, and I'm still learning every day.
I said yes to growing up.
I said yes to the best friend I could ever have.
I said yes to hard work.
I said yes to hilarious fun.
I said yes to facing tragedy together, and not alone.
I said yes to growing in my faith.
I said yes to experiencing love in new ways.
I said yes to the adventure of a lifetime with the love of a lifetime, and I'm SO happy did.
I can't believe it's been 10 years. Every moment, EVERY MOMENT, has been worth it.

5 comments:
That is so nice and so well put! I met my husband eleven years ago on Thanksgiving.
I love how you and jake still acknolwlege your dating anniversary. Jay and I also do that We will have 10 years of dating on July12th. You are a beautiful couple. Inside and out.
Happy "going-out" anniversary!
I love that quote! And how beautifully you sum up what it really is to love. SOO nice:)
Happy "date" anniversary! :)
Congrats on ten years!
Thanks for the compliment, by the way!
Post a Comment