Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Asher's Adoption Day

August 15th was a very special day for me and my family. It was my "adoption day." Mommy, Daddy & me, my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and a few great grandparents, all got up very early to go to a big building downtown called the courthouse. I was a very happy boy that morning when I woke up.
Here I am...all dressed up. I look a little unsure of what was going to happen, but they told me of all the things that happen at the courthouse, these sorts of preceedings are the best!

Here we are in the courtroom. That's my Great Omi holding me & there's Great Opi next to us!

Here is our whole "support team!" They got to sit in the jury box!


Then, it was time to get official. We got to sit at this big wooden table. I liked to bang on it. Mommy & Daddy had to do something funny where they held their hand up & swore. But not bad swear....

Here is Mommy & Daddy's attorney. I may be small, but I already have a legal team! He asked Daddy & then Mommy the same questions, but they both promised to love and care for me always!
Then the Judge told us a story. She said she is an adoptive mommy, too, and she always enjoys being a part of these finalizations. She even had to stop talking a few times because I think she was going to cry...but they were happy tears. She said some official stuff, and pronounced me by my officially legal name and said that my Mommy & Daddy would be my parents forever!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations!

Tricia said...

what a happy day! Congratulations!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Congratulations! Happy Adoption Day, Asher!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Asher get's cuter everyday!

By the way I tagged you. Check out my blog.

Another Day said...

Congrats!

Anita said...

Congratulations! The 3 of you looks great!