As I was loading Asher into the car yesterday morning, I see ice all over the seat next to him...I am standing there wondering if it's actually broken glass (it's not) or if it fell off my ice scraper (it didn't) when I realize it is a FROZEN POP that exploded all over the inside of my car! I come to this realization as I looked up (cue Hollywood movie pan with my face looking up to the ceiling with a reaction of horror). I accidentally left a few cans in the trunk for a few days and the remnants of one exploded pop were even clinging to the ceiling... I do think it's a saving grace that most of the "particles" were frozen, because it made for easier cleanup. My car even has the delightful aroma of Diet Cherry Pepsi now...Thank goodness for 9 degree Fahrenheit weather (I don't often say that!), my ice scraper brush & some clean up wipes (and the advice of a few good friends)!
So for all you folks who live in places where it gets cold enough to freeze, heed my advice: Don't leave full pop (soda, cokes, or cold drinks for all you folks who don't call carbonated beverages "pop") cans in your vehicle overnight. Lesson learned!
Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, I've never had an exploded one from the cold, but Matt used to explode them all the time from the heat. When we lived in Florida the first time, we lived in a townhouse with no garage. His car was always in the sun and he'd leave sodas (yes, not pops) in his front cupholder. After a couple of days, they'd explode all over the ceiling. However, I think they only did a little fizz, so it took a couple of times to realize it was happening. I think they had to heat up during the day and cool down at night a couple of times too, before they'd explode.
That can seriously happen?!? Ok another check in the 'pro' box for staying in Texas. Here we all bundle up when it's 60 outside!
Post a Comment