Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Here's to 9 years!

Well, it seems crazy to even mention it, but on November 25th, Jake & I unofficially "celebrated" being "together" for 9 years. 9 years....that means, 9 years ago I was a sophomore in high school...naive, skinny (well, much skinnier than I am now...), boy crazy, and I've had lots of different hair-dos since then.

Little did I know that the boy I met at the National Catholic Youth Conference in Kansas City 9 Novembers ago would someday end up to be the love of my life, the one I'd marry, and the man I couldn't be more proud of for his sense of loyalty and duty to those in distress.

We spent our "anniversary" apart of course - he working the streets & me helping a friend address invitations for her wedding. Still, when I came downstairs at 5 AM the next morning to feed the dog, a bouquet of red roses and a card sat on the counter waiting for me.

*SIGH* The butterflies in your tummy feeling never gets old...

No comments: