Monday, August 20, 2007

This chokes me up everytime...

No matter how many times I watch this video, with the music, without, on a day when I feel great, or a day I feel lousy....this chokes me up. I think I'll be strong enough to watch it...and everytime I cry.

I cry because I still remember what it feels like. Jake left in February 2004 and returned in June 2005, but I still feel the emptiness, the pain, the frightened anxiety. I feel my heart swell with pride and ache at the same time. I still feel all of it, everyday. This video is totally worth watching. Make sure you have some tissues!

Check out this video: Remember Me

2 comments:

Anita said...

That is amazing...reminds me of that song "Have you forgotten?" I loved the homecomings. Pray for our troops, for each one to come home safe...

Anonymous said...

Very powerful. It's amazing how many do forget. They need our love and support.