For instance, this past week has just been crazy. 4 day work weeks sound amazing, but they aren't. They're super busy. So I've been completely stressed at work and been an emotional wreck. And every day I woke up thinking "They could tell me today that I'm going to be a mom tomorrow!" This creates the knots in the tummy sort of feelings...and honestly, I've been wondering what the HECK I'd do if they call me on a "bad week" to tell me the news.
Of course we'll be ecstatic, freaked out, anxious, scared....I still wonder things like "What do you do with the kid when you have to go to the bathroom?" or "How often do you bathe the kid?" You don't want your kid to be the stinky kid, right? Jake assures me that I don't have to have all of the answers...and that it truly will just "come natural" to me once I have a baby in my arms....Lord, do I hope so!
So, we've been talking (I mean, truly, how else can we prepare for this?) about it a lot, looking through our profile book (as if that will make expectant moms want to browse, too!), and looking at cribs. I busied myself with making a diaper cake this week for a friend's baby shower this weekend. In my (humble?) opinion....I think my first attempt at it turned out great!
What do you think?!
So, instead of working myself up into an emotional mess about "waiting"...I'm going to go out today to some garage sales & help make myself feel a little more prepared. Hopefully I will come upon some amazing finds!

4 comments:
I hear ya - everyday I wonder the same thing. Even as time goes on - it doesn't get any easier. Now that we're matched - it's worse.
But someday it will all come together and we'll all be holding our beautiful, bouncing babes in our arms.
Great job on the diaper cake! :o) I love it! Hugs - Pep
Hey, I am skyangel on adoptiontalk. I just wanted to come over and say hi.
I love your profile. It really made me smile when I read it.
Best wishes and I look forward to following your journey.
Em, the diaper cake is too cute for words! The ancipation of "the call" is major stress I'm sure. Just to be in a position of zero control is so difficult, when it literally could be "any day." Stay busy, somehow and keep daydreaming about your baby!
Staying busy is a great idea...the wait is hard, but you'll make it.
I, too, am crazy about the diaper cake. Two words that, in a normal world, should never go together! *grin*
OK, the answer about going to the bathroom is once they're old enough to be mobile (rolling, creeping...), put the baby in a playpen or crib while you're using the facilities. Up until that point, though, they're good to be on a blanket on the floor (unless a pet is an issue...then I'd do the crib/pack-n-play option from day one).
Love ya!
Min
Post a Comment