Sorry for the lapse in posts...you've probably wondering what we've been up to...
I've been meaning to get on here & tell you what's been going on, but it's been a really busy few weeks, and there is not too much to report.
We recently made the decision to put an ad in our local Catholic newspaper about our intentions to adopt. As far as I know, it has yielded no results as of yet, and I am using much of my energy to withhold sending emails to our social worker and attorney to ask them if they've had any inquiries.
We've officially been waiting as "Paper Pregnant with no due date" for 2 months, one week, and one day now. Some days are easy, others are very difficult. There are a lot of things on our minds and our hearts lately...some of which are adoption related, others not. I have to keep reminding myself that we just need to take one day at a time, and that no matter how hard I try, I am not in control of much of the circumstances in my life or our collective lives.
After placing the ad in the newspaper, we were contacted by one of their reporters. She wanted to do a story on how we met, as the youth conference we met at is being held next month and it will be our 10 year anniversary of meeting & beginning our relationship. We said we'd be happy to give her an interview, and we met with her in our home on Monday evening to "tell our story." I can only hope that it will be seen as a testimony of God's amazing power to bring two people together to love each other through all of life's ups and downs.
Keep praying for all of the women in the world whose hearts are heavy with difficult pregnancy decisions. We appreciate all of your prayers for us, for expectant families, and for the child who we will someday call our own.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a good idea! I hope the story goes well! You should post it when you're done :-)
I think we've been waiting for the exact amount of time!!!! Seriously...
My prayers are with you! Good luck.
Post a Comment