Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Asher's New Moves

The past few weeks have been very busy (obviously!) I apologize for my lack of blogging...and thank you to those of you who have asked where I was or said you were glad I'm "back!" I appreciate all those who "follow" along this crazy adventure!

On 12/29 we took Asher to a new babysitter. We had talked to her the day before & I informed her of all that Asher does/doesn't do. That evening at home after his first day hanging with new friends, I was cleaning his room and he was playing. All of a sudden he put the arm and leg motions together to equal a CRAWL! I was so excited that I got down on the floor with him and began clapping & saying "Yeah!" He looked at me like I had lost my mind...but it was a very proud mommy moment!

Considering he was just 4 days from being 11 months old, Jake & I were beginning to wonder if he was ever going to "get it." Now that he has, we're yearning for those days when he'd stay where we left him! Not only has he learned to crawl, but he began going from a prone position to a sitting position by himself, as well as pulling up on ANYTHING he can get his little hands on...all at the same time. It's true what they say...that things change overnight!

The next day when I took Asher back to the new sitter's I said, "Asher crawled for the first time last night!" Then I realized. He had probably not done it for the first time in my sight. I caught what I had said, and remarked, "Oh....I bet he crawled at your house yesterday, didn't he?" She turned away & gave the best babysitter answer: "No...of course not!" She DID find it humorous that I had just told her the day before that he didn't crawl and now he was.


Jake & I are taking a crash course in babyproofing and I don't think I've said "no no" & "no, please" more than I have in the past week. To top it off, this is exhausting! With all these new stunts, Asher has revealed to us a new part of his personality...his unrelenting determination.

Going to bed and taking naps has become a battle. He has no time to slow down now, and he doesn't want to miss out on any action. Therefore, on top of his exhausting new tricks, we're getting little sleep. And, although we're worn out, I can truly say it is a joy to be a parent! Asher's new stunts may give us some gray hairs, though...or rather, me some gray hairs, and Jake a few more! ;)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

bring on the extra caffeine!!! i was beginning to wonder if our twins were ever going to start rolling over (just about 6 months) and now i can't turn around for more than 5 seconds or else they're on the other side of the room grabbing for something!

HereWeGoAJen said...

It was daycare policy that firsts NEVER happened at daycare. We had a don't tell policy. :)

Deanna said...

Go Asher!!! Hard to believe he is 11 mos already!!! What a big boy ;)