Asher doesn’t say “yes.” Perhaps he can’t say the word yet, or he hasn’t learned it, but so far he does know the word “no.” Imagine that. He’s 18 months old!
This has gotten entertaining, such as when we ask him funny questions and he responds with “no” (see "Hilarious" post). Recently on a family trip to Ohio, to entertain us all, I asked Asher, “Do you want a baby sister?” and he responded with a long “Nooooooo…..” So I asked, “Do you want a baby brother?” which was met with a flat “No.” OK. Such is life.
Last night my sister was visiting and she, Asher & I were busy playing in his room before bedtime. She taught him a funny trick with the hamper, he showed his “hide & seek” skills in the closet, and we all had a few good laughs. His vocabulary is ever-expanding with things like “ball,” “water,” “bubbles,” and he loves to point and “show” us new things. I thought I would demonstrate to my sister how funny he could be by expressing his feelings about wanting a brother or sister. So, again I asked “Asher, do you want a sister?” to which he replied again, “Noooooooo…..” Ashley and I both laughed at that, so onto the next question. “Asher, do you want a brother?”
And then he shocked me. “Brother,” he said clearly. Hmmmm...interesting...
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmm, indeed!
I think Asher may have been pondering this question for a while. :)
Out of the mouths of babes... :)
Blessings,
Carolynn
Post a Comment